February 23, 2014

Indonesia Fashion Week 2014


Did you guys come to Indonesia Fashion Week this 20-23 February (2014)? How was it?

Apparently I came to IFW 2014 yesterday and I am so glad I could make my way to Jakarta Convention Center. It kind of reminds me why I looooove Indonesia so much. This event definitely highlights how this country is overflowed with such rich culture and creativity. I am so proud to be born and raised as Indonesian!

Indeed, IFW is like a pool of inspirations. I was bemused by magnificent works every time I moved my feet from one side to another. The Exhibition hall was fulfilled by numerous infamous designers such as Anne Avantie, Sebastian Gunawan (Votum), Deden Siswanto, Musa Widyatmodjo, and too much more! The fun part was some of these top designers offered us their ready-to-wear collection with special price. I also noticed (by means: visited, then shopped) other innumerable well-known and new designers. I could not help myself but wrapping some of the beauties home!

Well I wish you also have the fantastic opportunity like mine. Because words are definitely not enough to tell you how wonderful was my time there. If you have not had the chance, I hope you guys will not miss next year's IFW event! It is really worth the price (I got the invitation for free but in case you did not have one, visitors only asked to pay 20,000 IDR to visit the exhibition!) and worth the one-hour-jam-to-find-a-parking-lot.

Well well.. since words could not express my overwhelmed wonder, here I show you a few pictures I took during my short visit there.

Butterflies! Gotta catch 'em all!


Nita Seno Adji splendid embroidered jacket. Currently on my top wishlist!
Details on Jimmy Fei-Fei gown
I just got stunned by Priyo Oktaviano
Beside wandering and got lost inside the exhibition hall, I also got the chance to watch some fashion shows (yaay!). Ultimately, there is one show that amused me most; it is HERO by Priyo Oktaviano. His concept is a.ma.zing! Indeed. I was speechless since the prelude and jaw-dropped during the whole show, like literally. I fell for the excruciating detail on each apparel and fell harder for the little "drama" on the runway.

Priyo Oktaviano is definitely a concept genius. He created several sub-concepts under the hero big-concept, how twisting is that? Well I vaguely interpreted that superman wonderwoman and Cleopatra were sharing the same stage -or this might be my own illusion since I was totally stunned during the whole show. Obviously he nailed that wow-factor every time the concept switched.


Swag just hit a new level.
I never wanted a snap-back like I do now. A snap-back has to be this bold!
The drama. Somehow this one reminds me of Cleopatra.
Finale walk.

After all of the amusement, these few pictures only show you a little of my undefined excitement for Indonesia Fashion Week 2014. I do hope you guys could feel as excited as I do! :)

Until I see you next year, IFW!

13 comments:

  1. It such an honour to come there! Sadly I can not come :(

    http://ellyseerubin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love priyo collection!
    cool and edgy >.<

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really amazing time & there are some gorgeous pieces there


    x greta
    flourish-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that priyo octaviana really stunning !!! amg i love that .
    looks like you have a great time spent there ^o^


    xion xiu's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so many great collection
    I love the printed jacket ^^
    nice sharing
    would you like to follow each other to keep in touch?
    MY-Emily
    Please, let me know! ;)
    Follow me and I will follow you back for certain
    (leave a blog link at my blog after follow so I can go back ur blog again)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this all looks amazing! Loving the ruffled dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I attending IFW too dear :))) Hope we can meet next year dear <3

    http://meiszaecha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i went there too last fri :)

    join my giveaway
    http://breepluse.blogspot.com/2014/02/giveaway-sponsored-by-sammydress.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! So many great pieces, wish I could have been there to see everything in person! '

    Much love, ANNIEPOP.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty post. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a nice review! wish i could attend ifw but sadly im not in jkt now >< anyway that snapback is so bold! such a creative collection
    xx,bella

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got to attend IFW? How lucky!
    Thanks for sharing anyway, I favorited the Jimmy Fei Fei gown <3

    xx,
    Stefany

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading my writings. Feel free to leave some insights! I'd be very thrilled to read every of them.

Love,
.Gina