February 15, 2014

Someone Better


Meeting new attractive people is always fun. Getting to know a supple stranger and fall for the euphoria of something we have not experienced before. Instantaneously charmed by the adventurous ideas, captivated by that euphonious laugh, mesmerized by his gentle gesture, oh surely we found the love of our life. Sure. Until that confidence ruined by how annoyed we were by his monotonous habit, ridiculous temper, ubiquitous possessiveness, and other numerous flaws. When we bring this revelation to the table of our beloved friends, here come the mighty words, “Forget him. You deserve someone better.”

I find out that my point of view of relationship is biased when I heard people trying to comfort others (me, sometimes) that they (I) deserve someone better. There began my vanity, thinking I had the right to judge others and apparently, comparing them. Likewise, I started to compare my partner to other guys and met the grass-is-always-greener-out-there situation. Lately I knew why it is greener: I compare his weakness to others strength.

Through comparison I started to feel unsatisfied with my relationship. I struggled with expectation and often got disappointed on the fantasy I made for my partner. Through one disappointment to another, I had that illusion of getting someone else better. Ridiculously I thought I deserved one.

To be true, comparison is never working on people. It is always outrageously subjective and never gives any fair result. As moronic as comparing others, building a relationship based on comparison is superficial. Dating a new more charming guy because you think he is better than your ex is literally tragic. One day you will fall to the same comparing routine and get the same illusion of another better someone. You will be end up in the same circle of brokenness because you keep dissatisfied with your relationship.

It is obvious that we need to stop comparing people. No matter how soothing it might be. We should be contended with our current relationship for what it is. Not because we find out that our partner is better than other’s limitations. Hence once we find out that our dear one flaws on something, we can still be grateful for what he is.

| Shopatvelvet blouse, DIY circle skirt (yes, I DIYed my own skirt), Charles & Keith heels and purse |

9 comments:

  1. nice skirt babe!
    would you mind to follow each other? :)

    greetings from Hong Kong :)

    www.basic-classic.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/basicclassic
    www.instagram.com/Andianti_

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely post! I really love your blog! ♡´・ᴗ・`♡
    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog! Following you via GFC! I hope we will keep in touch. ♡

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  3. So naturally beautiful, love your style!
    http://thebohoflow.blogspot.ca/2014/02/flushed.html

    With Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this skirt is sooo amazing. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super love for your skirt! You look pretty :) Mind to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
    love reading your blog, It's very refreshing and genuine and I really appreciate that :)
    anyway, would you like to follow each other?

    PLEASE JOIN MY GIVEAWAY HERE
    SAMMYDRESS GIVAWAY ON SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. the skirt look so beautiful!

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and charming! And talented! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading my writings. Feel free to leave some insights! I'd be very thrilled to read every of them.

Love,
.Gina