March 7, 2014

Contradiction

Everybody has their own weaknesses and strengths. What differs us is how we react to them. I don't know about you but I had this weakness that is actually my strength. Or let's say my strength that used to be my weakness.


I was so conscious about my height. Well I still am. To all appearances I am taller than general (Asian) girls -somehow the boys too. This actually what ruined my confidence for years. I was uncomfortable being in the middle of the crowd. I used to hunch my shoulder to make myself look shorter and being kind of apathetic towards my environment. It happened for years during my early teens -until I met this young lady when we were on high school.



This petite darling was all I wanted to be: tiny and cute and hug-able. She could wear the highest heels on the store and no one throws that irritating you-look-so-tall-stop-wearing-heels stare. *I do have those stares every time I wear heels*

What I missed out was how the other way around happened to her. She used to say how she wanted to be taller. And keeps saying words such as "How could you be so tall" or "Give me some of your height" every single time we meet. Oh, if only I could!


Well apparently this world is full of more people like me and more people like her. It's a never ending discontentment. What I took from her years ago -and I still keep it until today- is that: It is good to be short and petite. But it is also good to be tall and gigantic. Being grateful of what we are is the best medicine to our confidence. Cheers!

 | Here I present you the petite cupcake Amanda Adriani |

13 comments:

  1. Hei Gina,, keren banget baju lo.. Masih suka desain baju sendiri?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei hei.. baru 2 bulanan nih coba bikin sendiri.. :D
      Dan baru bisa buat rok.. hehehe..

      Love,
      .G

      Delete
  2. The long purple skirt is perfect.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this purple skirt is a dream, love it sooo much. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked on your blog, started reading and I immediately identified myself with your old weakness.
    I used to be the tallest girl in the class too, taller than most of the guys too. And take into consideration that I am from Europe, so the average height here is bigger than the one in Asia.
    There used to be a girl in my class taller than me and when she moved into another school..I was so dissapointed because I didn`t want to be the tallest one..so I used to do the same thing as you..hunch my back and losing all the confidence in me.
    When I walked into a store and try on some heels, everybody was giving me that look too, like: are you crazy? And because I loved wearing high heels, I was so jealous of my shorter friends who could wear them with no problem.
    But now, just as you, I love this fact about me! And looking at your pictures, you should know (and I`m sure you do) that you are not gigantic, and your stature makes you more elegant! And as you grow up ( I have no idea about your age now) more and more people are going to be jealous on your height and on this advantage that you have. You are different from the crowd, let`s enjoy that! <3

    http://simonaroxanahuidiu.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! As I grow up I become more comfortable being different and tall and apparently stealing attention. Cheers to the tall pal! :D

      Love,
      .G

      Delete
  5. i love your post..
    so meaningfull =)
    yes.. we all have our own strenght and weakness..
    just gratefull to all of them in our self =D
    btw you two looks very gorg and pretty !!
    xoxo

    melodyofmywords.blogspot.com
    be friend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good writing! I love all the photos here and adore your (and Amanda) outfit. You and Amanda look so cute in the way your respective. Love love!! :)

    Replying your comment on my blog:
    Yes, it's The Executive dress. Really? Ah I don't believe it that the dress look awful on you ;p you're so pretty dear! You can pull any clothes, I think. Ah really? Big arm means strong woman? Hehe thanks a bunch :)


    Don't forget to join Hanake Label Giveaway on my blog, click here. Win the prize with total value IDR 450.000.
    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I'm aiming to highlight our difference and being both good looking. :D

      Some dresses are not meant to be mine. Like the cutting just doesn't work on my body. That dress was just one of them. :') Well that what fashion is all about after all. That's what makes us different and be both good looking. :D

      Love,
      .G

      Delete
  7. super beautiful skirt!

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey beauty you have a really nice blog :) I am your new follower ,so check out my blog I hope you can follow back =)
    Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and so cute both ^^
    Purple is definitely a delightful colour to have!!

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  10. In love with those skirts - you both look adorable. Keep the style going - I'll have to check you out on Bloglovin too!

    xo - ali

    nowherestyleca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading my writings. Feel free to leave some insights! I'd be very thrilled to read every of them.

Love,
.Gina