June 26, 2015

Eyesight





We are blissfully granted that one sense which gives us the ability to distinguish things through our vision: our sight. It gives us the ease to describe others by their physical appearance. Whether this person is pretty, that person is skinny, the other one is flawless, while the rest we claim unnoticeable.

Nobody has a bad aim, I suppose. What we see is how we describe. As simple as that.

Ever since we recognize people through their physical features, we are aware that the other way around happens to us as well. Consciously we know that people remember our facial feature, our bodily gesture, or perhaps our notable style.

It makes the perfect sense for us to present the best physical appearance for others to acknowledge our presence. That is when we give more attention to affectation: be it from fashion to our facial complexion.

Well, if you claim you don’t, I most certainly do.




I go to work in an assurance that my physical flaws are coated by three layers of coverage. Initially it was more of an obligation rather than my personal will. Nevertheless, I found it euphoric every time people praised my physical appearance.

In the beginning it worked as a reward for my two hours effort to look more presentable. It became addictive that I began to set such compliments as my source of happiness and the supporting pillar for my confidence. In fact, the joy lasted for a good couple of months; until I realized that they acclaimed my foundation, not the girl beneath it.

Such revelation was a bit heartrending. I understand that some people just enjoy the sham sight and not my genuine company.

We are lulled by the ease of our visual perception. Sometimes we forget that people are much more than what our sight can promptly perceive. It is our choice though to keep aside the virtual perspective and involve the other four senses to know each other better.

Don't get me wrong. I believe everybody loves being appreciated as we are aesthetically pleasing. But when our source of joy and self definition is stated by such, there is something wrong with our virtue.

I am fully aware that as long as we have our vision, we will always search for something virtually pleasant. And that people will notice nothing else but what they could discover through their sight.

Eventually, it all comes back to ourselves whether or not we want to be as superficial or remain conscionable.

Well, I might not be able to report to work with less than three layers of coverage. Even my day is a few shades brightened whenever people praise my outlook. But I make sure my presence is remarked not merely by my temporal titivation.



Shopatvelvet top; DIY skirt; Windsor Smith heels |

1 comment:

  1. Such a great read. I have felt like that in the past but I never really felt pride in being told I’m beautiful when I was wearing foundation. Now I’m simply too lazy to wear it but I can actually feel pretty now when someone tells me so.
    I think you’re quite pretty anyway! You don’t need to cover your face in three layers of “sham” haha
    Gorgeous photos by the way, you look so whimsical in the field wearing that dress!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading my writings. Feel free to leave some insights! I'd be very thrilled to read every of them.

Love,
.Gina